The State regulatory agency requires that all students must have the equivalent of a tenth-grade education. All applicants must complete an Application for Enrollment and a General Information form.
Prior to starting classes, students must do the following:
- Pay the $100 non-refundable registration fee.
- Money order for $25.00 made out to the NM Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists. We send this in on the first day of school to register students with the state board.
- Provide proof of age and education according to State regulations.
- Letter of Intent (includes goals, aspirations, and intentions in coming to this Institute)
- Letter of Recommendation (character reference from a past employer, teacher, mentor or other authority figures)
After Your Tour
If you have already completed your tour, and scheduled your admissions appointment, get ahead of the game and send us a few pieces needed from your required Admissions Check List:
Financial Aid Resources
Financial Aid is now available for those who qualify. Please contact the Institute’s Administration Office at 505.294.5333 x366 for additional information.
- Financing Services
The Aveda Institute New Mexico also has in-house and external financing available to qualified applicants.
- Private Scholarships
A number of organizations and corporations offer scholarships. Check with your employer or parents’ employers for available scholarship programs.
- Tuition Waiver for Multiple Programs
We offer a discount of $300 for the Esthiology program and $700 on tuition for the Cosmetology program for students that pay in full on or before the first day of class.
- Veteran’s Benefits
If you are an honorably discharged veteran of the armed forces or a dependent of a deceased veteran, you may apply for veteran’s educational benefits. Please contact the Veteran’s Administration Office to determine eligibility and/or further information.
- Native American Education
Native American Education scholarships are available. Information can be obtained from tribal officials or through the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Eligibility is determined by the awarding agency.
For students of cosmetology and esthetics, the Institute admits only persons who are beyond compulsory school age and have either:
- Graduated from high school.
- Successfully completed the equivalent of tenth grade.
- Successfully completed the GED Exam.