The best structure to help you triumph in the world of beauty
Here at the Aveda Institute of New Mexico we provide many tools to make sure you leave our school prepared to accomplish great things. Some of our differentials include:
- SALON BUSINESS – Learn what it takes to open a new business by creating a business plan and setting benchmarks to make sure you – or your business – is successful;
- CAREER FAIRS – We introduce you to many different salons so you can build a strong connection with them, improving your chances of getting hired right after you graduate;
- REAL SALON EXPERIENCE – Learn in a real salon environment helping with the needs of real guests;
- MOCK INTERVIEWS – Knowing how to present yourself in a job interview is an important step to getting the job itself. We help you develop confidence while explaining to your possible employer why you are the best fit for the position;
- RESUME DEVELOPMENT – We will help you build a strong resume showcasing your strengths and highlighting your best experiences;
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT – Community is a huge part of our values – we are locally owned after all. We believe that ingraining key values and encouraging effective behaviors in you will ensure your success after you graduate.
A Foundation for Success
Our campus embraces modern technology. Classes are taught through a combination of lecture/book learning and hands-on experience. The textbooks come pre-loaded onto your own iPad, included in the cost of your tuition, allowing you to complete virtual assignments, view tutorial videos and more. When completing practical learning, you will have access to all of the necessary tools, available in a spacious and cheerfully lit teaching floor.
Of course, Aveda Institute New Mexico is also a full-service spa in its own right, offering beauty and relaxation treatments to customers and selling quality Aveda products in our shop.
Fellow Students and Professionals
The atmosphere of Aveda Institute New Mexico is comfortable and friendly. We’re like a big family, with staff, instructors and fellow students all becoming close as the program goes on. For some of our students, this is the first opportunity to meet so many other people with the same interests and passions. Not only will you emerge from our program a fully qualified esthetician and/or cosmetologist, you’ll make some great friends in the process!
Crafting your career
At the Aveda Institute of New Mexico, you will connect with professionals from all over the globe and learn from world-class instructors. Aveda students have incredible opportunities that no other beauty schools have, including working on photoshoots, runway shows, and much more.